By Hollie Lowes
I have become known to my friends as the go to girl for finding cheap flights to a point I feel like an agent! But really, it’s as simple as spending the time you need to find what you need to, it can saves you hundreds! Here are my pointers on how to find the best deals:
- Everyone says Sky Scanner but my go-to is Google Flights
- Be flexible on dates; look at the entire months calendar opposed to an exact date
- Be flexible on airports; In Europe especially, Nothing is too far. You don’t HAVE to fly through Bergamo Airport in Milan, take a train to Venice or Florence and save some money!
- If you still can’t find a cheap flight.. Create your own layover or consider multiple transportation
- Keep in mind the time of year
- First 2 weeks of September: Back to school, Summer trips ending
- Last 2 weeks of December and first weeks of January: Christmas holidays
- Mid February to Mid March: Spring break
Here’s an example: Corfu to London
This is if you don’t find a cheap flight on the calendar already…
- Look up: Corfu to Europe and see where’s cheapest on the map, create your layover from there
- I find Italy and Germany have the best flight deals so I usually will look for a layover there but still look at all options, you never know!
- If you can’t find a cheap layover, maybe consider busing or getting a ferry to your layover
- Take a ferry from Corfu to Ancona then train to Milan and fly out through there!
There you got it, all my secrets to finding THE best flight deals!